Thursday, April 28, 2011

And That's What You Get

Obama pities the fool who
asks him again for his
birth certificate.
"We do not have time for this kind of silliness."  That's a quote from our president who is amazed at the amount of media attention focused on the Birthers and their continuing insistence that he prove he is a native-born American citizen.  (Let me again point out that he is already president because this was already laid to rest and he was allowed to run).  Obama cannot believe that the media is not more interested in the national budget.  Nothing like getting scolded by the leader of the free world for being an idiot.


To help put this all to rest (one will hope), Obama released the "long form" of his birth certificate.  I have no idea what that is, but apparently, it's important.  How do you even get that?  What more does it say than your regular birth certificate?  I imagine I could go Google it, but I don't actually really care, since the likelihood that I will ever need that information is low.  Husband finds this a stunning trait of mine; that I don't need to gather useless information on a topic that doesn't affect me, just because it was brought to my attention.  You can rest assured, that as soon as he reads this post he will be looking it up.  I'll let you know what he says.


If only...

Also on the list of people who have had enough, is Whoopie Goldberg.  Besides having a giant argument with Donald Trump (now poster boy for the Birthers) when he was on "The View" over the birth certificate, she is extremely outraged that he is also claiming that Obama wasn't qualified to attend Harvard and Columbia.  To summarize, Whoopie thinks Trump is an ass and a racist.  You can see a clip of her talking about it if you go to the link.


The Donald,  in his ever-pompous way, is claiming the he is responsible for finally getting Obama to fork over the birth certificate.  He feels he has done what no other American was able to do.  Um, Donald, you are currently the lead badgerer who pissed off the president.  I wouldn't really be bragging.  There are 300 million people in the United States, and you have been obnoxious enough to catch the president's attention.  That's not good.


Husband is not as
doofy as Dudley.
Usually.
In other news, after reading yesterday's post, Husband has decided that his "blog name" is boring and he wants something else.  He even thought "Duh Hubby," while not really that nice, was more catchy and had more flair ("Duh Hubby" is the name that Celia Rivenbark uses to refer to her husband in her books.  Sometimes she just calls him "Duh," which cracks me up).  We (my mother and I) sometimes refer to Husband as Dudley Do-Right because he is a big giant rule follower.  He doesn't really think it's that funny when we call him Dudley, so I can't imagine he will like it if the entire blogosphere is calling him it.  I imagine I could just use his real name, but then he wouldn't have a secret identity and that would be sad.  So, I'll be thinking on it.  Feel free to pass on some suggestions if you have any.


OMG - totally forgot to tell you guys how Boy is talking about filing for emancipation.  We'll have to talk about that tomorrow.  It's awesome.

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh... a cliffhanger.
    Way to leave us wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!

    My only issue with the president releasing the long-form birth certificate (like you, I have no idea what that means!) is that it somehow seems to validate that ridiculous, pursed-mouth, bouffant haired, egomaniacal buffoon who seems unable to shut his conceited, pursed mouth.

    And emancipation? Can't wait to read about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought my husband was the only one who had to know every mundane fact about everything. And yes, I couldn't care less about these facts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try and think of a suggestion for Husband's new name. But I'm not good at these creative endeavors, so don't hold your breath. I kind of hope you will not use "hubby" in any form. That makes me kind of twitchy. But I don't mean to be bossy and if you do decide on a name containing "hubby" I will still read your posts...

    And somebody needs to shave the donald's head. And superglue his lips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never a big fan of Hubby msyself. Glad we can agree on that D, so that it won't come to deciding whether or not to read my posts. :)

    And I think we all agree that Trump has been acting like an ass and a buffoon, though I fear he's not acting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we were separated at birth. You wrote exactly what I think but don't have the talent to write. Thanks for the funnies!

    Hollie in OK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Hollie - it's always nice when I am not the only one who thinks I am funny. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts