Here are some reasons why I have been slow with the posting.
1. You are not the boss of me. I can post whenever I want to.
|When you tell me what to do, it's bossy.|
When I tell you what to do, it's helpful.
2. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
3. I am spending a lot time looking for my own 5-foot tall metal chicken. I have already picked his name. It's Raul Ibanez. Not the Phillies one. This Raul Ibanez is a metal chicken. How would a metal chicken run for a fly ball in left field? Clearly, it's a different Raul Ibanez. I really like saying Raul Ibanez and really want that chicken. The Party has only made a cursory effort to help me. You see how I don't really have time for writing?
4. My self-diagnosed Predominantly Inattentive ADD is currently winning against me. It's a wonder I haven't already hit "post" and left you without the rest of the list or a closing of any nature. Of course what you can't see is that I have left the post and checked Facebook and e-mail 17 times already and made a phone call.
5. I have been trying to organize and purge crap in my house while it's summer and I have more time. This keeps me very busy. It takes a lot of work and energy to avoid the task if I am in the house or awake. I have to constantly take naps and go out so I don't seem like I am just sitting around here loafing.
6. There is not too much celebrity nonsense going on for me to write about. Even Charlie Sheen seems to be on vacation from his World Tour of being a drug addled and/or sociopathic megalomaniac.
7. There is plenty of political nonsense going on, but these people are so tiresome and wrong that I can hardly bear to listen to them, let alone comment on what they say and do. I can't figure out if some of these politicians really believe their own crap, or they just want us to.
8. There is nothing funny to write in regard to bathing suit season. It's best if we all just suffer privately and silently and never speak of it.
9. Summer is margarita season. Enough said.
10. Summer is also watermelon margarita season and blood orange margarita season and alcohol soaked fruit season.
11. I am having a quiet contest with you.
12. Okay, I really can't think of any more reasons why I haven't been writing. Obviously, if I had tons to say, there would be a real post, wouldn't there?
Will be going to Virginia Beach for a few days with some girlfriends. That should be lots of fun and be a wealth of material.
Please note that I have substituted actual content for an array of eye-pleasing colors for your viewing enjoyment. You're welcome.