Monday, January 24, 2011

Well That is Certainly Interesting

First, let me update you on my progress regarding the actual construction of the site.  I was able to figure out how to change the template to one that had more fonts and features, so that was good. 

I thought it would be cool to design a little donkey wearing a college sweatshirt or sweater for the logo.  Turns out it doesn't matter weather it's a sweatshirt or a sweater because my drawing looks like a pig, not a donkey.  Moving on.
Not the Donkey I want to use.

Did you enjoy the "about" tab where you could see how the blog got its name?  No, I didn't think so, because it's not there.  Again, moving on.

My friend from stark.raving.mad.mommy (awesome blog, go run right over and read it) has been trying to help me via e-mails and I am so appreciating it, but I am fearful she will soon grow weary as she slowly (or not so slowly) realizes I am not quite as clever as I would have had her believe.  Please notice though I did figure out how to embed her link into the text here (and I knew how to properly use the phrase "embed her link into the text").  

Also not the donkey I want to use.

So, in an attempt to familiarize myself with the blog world, I have been using the "next blog" key which is kind of like the shuffle on an iPod.  What I have come to find out is that a lot of people love Jesus, knitting and handbags.  Not necessarily in that order.  Also, the people who love Jesus and knitting tend to not be writing anything about Jesus or knitting, they just want you to know.  The handbag people on the other hand are VERY devoted to handbag shopping.  I didn't realize there was quite so much to say about it.

While the handbag people are a tad overzealous, they are at least focused.  A lot of the other blogs will say something like "Hi, my name is Karen and I love Jesus and Knitting" and then go on to randomly start the middle of a conversation, which is peppered with photos of nothing related to the conversation.  You can't really tell if "Karen" is talking to someone she knows (on the order of family update kind of blog) or she's talking to the world at large.  I picture "Karen" with a lot of cats.

Amateur photography blogs are pretty big also.  I will cut to the chase here and just spell out what we all already know.  With relatively little exception, no one is interested in someone else's scenery photographs.  Even if they are well composed and perfectly lit.  If you are reading this and you are someone with a photography blog, I of course don't mean you.  Your photos are lovely and I was very moved.

Of course, there were lots of fun blogs that were interesting and had cool features.  I am hoping to work in that direction.  I am amazed at the number of people who actually know what they are doing.  I am a little worried that one of those people is going to find their way over to my blog and leave a little "eye rolling" clip art under the comment section.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that none of the cool kids find me and try to stuff me in a locker.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out. Still think you're quite clever. This is freaking hilarious. Next we'll get you onto Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby Jesus in a knitted handbag, you are awesome.

    I am now your biggest fan, Paul Sheldon.

    Amy of "famed" PregnantChicken.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE having a "biggest fan!!" Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this....just so ya know. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I am already loving your blog. I am still stumbling through my set up too. So I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts