By creating this list, I am helping my children become productive and pleasant adults (as well as less troubling children). That is to say, they will be able to hold a job and people won't want to constantly kick their ass for being annoying. Yeah sure, I want them to be happy, but I think not inspiring rage and being gainfully employed is pretty important also.
|see, everyone thinks|
coughing is annoying.
2. Similarly, if you are sniffing and sniffing and sniffing and sniffing...YOU NEED A TISSUE!! Blow your nose! No, you are not fine. You need to blow your nose. No one wants to hear you sniffing. Further, if you keep sniffing, you are bound to eventually have a big giant gross sneeze. That will be a nasty disaster because you have nothing to cover your nose and mouth with because you refused to get a tissue.
3. If you tell me you have a headache or pain in some part of your body, I am going to recommend Advil, Tylenol or ice. If you are going to refuse to employ any of those suggestions then stop complaining. Is it your thought I will have some magic spell I can use to fix you? And, if I did have one, wouldn't I have tried that first?
Get it? Bahahahaha!
5. Yes, you will be too full to eat your dinner if you drink two sodas and eat four rolls before the food comes. Why are you surprised every time? It's not really that much of a mystery.
6. Just because you are not actually touching your sibling doesn't mean you are "not doing anything." If you were "not doing anything" in that same way to a friend or stranger, they would punch you in the mouth or knock you to the ground. Just stop it.
7. When you use anything that belongs to me, put it back exactly where you found it. Not near where you found it or sort of where you found it. Where. You. Found. It. Same goes with stuff belonging to bunk mates, college roommates, co-workers, etc. Not only will people hide their things from you so you can't borrow them, they might hide your things just to annoy you.
8. No one is fooled when you leave 2 sips of milk in the container. Don't tell me that you thought there was enough for one more glass. We both know you just didn't want to go down to the other refrigerator and get a new milk. This is the rule for all food and beverages: if you use it up, either get a new one or put the item on the shopping list. Better yet, if it needs to go on a shopping list, try doing that before the item is completely gone. And, God help you if you leave and empty box/carton in the fridge or cabinet. No one ever believes that's an accident. No one. Ever.
|Just like my children:|
an annoying passenger.
10. When you see that the dishwasher is full of clean dishes and the sink is full of dirty dishes, that is a sign that the dishwasher needs to be emptied and the dirty dishes put in. This is not a secret sign from God. This is one of those obvious things that I know you know, or at the very least could figure out. Know how I know you know? You are holding a dirty glass/knife/plate and are looking for where to put it because the sink is full. You are a smart child, I am sure you could solve this riddle without me specifically saying "empty the dishwasher."
Feel free use my list for your own children. I would be willing to bet it applies to them too. And, bonus...if you put it on colorful paper and get a pretty lanyard, it could double as holiday gift. For you Jewish people, that's one night of Chanukah. Now you only need 7 more gifts. You're welcome.