|I am nothing if not|
lovely. Ask anyone
who knows me.
Now the key here is to tell you 7 things you don't know, but would actually care about. This will probably be less interesting for those of you who know me. But wait, I could write a few that aren't even real and then the people who know me will think they are finding out something fun and new. We'll see how it goes.
1. Many people are surprised when I tell them I am only 5'2" (and a half). I have heard a million times, "You seem taller than that" (honestly, I have). So, for those of you hoping to affect a taller appearance, apparently, loud=tall.
2. I almost 44 (oh my God). I met my husband when I was 19. In July we will have been married for 19 years. You got worried for a second that there was math problem coming up, didn't you?
3. My husband I both went to University of Delaware. His sister and my brother both went to University of Delaware. His father went to University of Delaware. Boy says he wants to go to University of Delaware. Hopefully any of this will help get him in or maybe get us a discount/ free t-shirt.
4. Before the avalanche, when I was skiing in the Alps, I was poised to take over as the face of Lancome. Lancome unceremoniously backed out, stating they couldn't wait the 6 months for my bionic eye to be perfected.
5. I originally wanted to be a lawyer. Due to average grades in college, I did not get into law school (this was not surprising). When I had enough work experience that my grades wouldn't matter as much, I didn't want to go anymore. Instead I went to graduate school (Villanova) and have a masters degree in Human Resource Development. I still wouldn't mind going to law school and becoming a lawyer, but I am not sure why since I don't think I really want to practice law.
6. About 5 years ago I started playing tennis. I played around at it as a kid and always liked sports, but I hadn't done anything athletic as an adult. I think I do pretty well and am pretty fast considering I am overweight and not in awesome shape. It's very fun and I totally get to count our lessons as cardio/ exercise. I wish I could play every day.
7. Despite being aggravated (by purposeful instigating) a lot of the time, I really adore my children and husband. The Party and I still talk every day about anything cute or funny or annoying one of the kids did. We think they are totally awesome and smart and gorgeous. We both agree the growing into big people thing is bullshit. Party is a really great dad and that makes me love him even more than I did before we had kids.
Oh look, I did 7 already and didn't even have to make anything up. Excellent.
I am going to list blogs I would nominate/that I like. Some of them have already played this game, but at least you'll know where to go look for some fun (legal, non-alcohol related fun). Maybe some of them will give us a list of 7 things. I didn't list them below, but if you look to the right, you can click right on the buttons for Pregnant Chicken and Stark.Raving.Mad.Mommy. As you know, I adore them.